Got plans for Labor Day? If you’re heading to a party or hosting one at home and want a non-alcoholic option for yourself or your guests, try making this Mint Mojito Mocktail. Coming in at just 50 calories per serving, adjust the flavor by adding more (or less) seltzer to the mix. Serve over ice alongside Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce or Yellow Beet and Tomato Bruschetta and you are ready for a sweet celebration!
Mint Mojito Mocktail (makes 10-12 servings)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 3 cups club soda or seltzer
- mint sprigs, lime slices and fancy straws to garnish
1. Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a small pot on the top of the stove. Heat on high until it boils, reduce heat to medium-high and continue to cook until all sugar is dissolved and volume is reduced by half. Set aside to cool.*
2. Combine the simple syrup with the lime juice, mint leaves and club soda in a large pitcher. Serve immediately over ice garnished with slices of lime, mint sprigs and a fancy straw, if desired. Add more (or less) club soda to adjust flavor.
*Simple syrup can be made a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information per serving: 50 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams transfat; 0 mg cholesterol; 20 mg sodium; 13 grams carbohydrate; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams protein (values are approximate).